Saturday 17 September 2011

Cyclocross training diary week 4

Week 4 was going to be an important week from the start. This week was going to be the big base mile week that would hopefully start the good form to kick start the cross season. The 3 peaks cross race only being 2 weeks away meant that many riders were needing some much needed miles in the hills. Even though I wasn't doing the 3 peaks I thought it would be a great opportunity to practice some much needed cross skills.

Around 40 riders turned up to complete the 3 towers training ride which would take in Rivington Pike Winter Hill and Peel Tower. Climbing from the lower barn next to RIvington res. was a pretty technical climb with the terrain being very rocky and a number of riders littering the route. My legs felt heavy from the start after some gym work the previous day, this lead to me struggling throughout the whole day but in the knowledge that I would benefit from any pain that I suffered then when in a race. Running with the bike was one of the most improtant part of the day as a lot of the route couldn't be ridden easily, which I proved when going through a puddle and going straight over the front wheel in to the water. Lesson learnt, don't go through a puddle that you can't see the bottom of.

A great day was had by all, much of the thanks was to my club team mates at Horwich cycling club who run the event year on year. Next week is start of the interval sessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment